Monday, February 06, 2006

Pop goes the weasel !!

Taking pills, and I dont mean anything brought from a sleazy looking man wearing cargo pants and a beanie at some late/all night rave with kids dying from speed induced dehydration pills, i mean men in white coats and PHds on the walls and dusty books on the shelves with pictures of their kids on the desk next to the prescription pad pills.

Well I have a real problem taking them, not because I dont want to take them, Its just that I forget or I feel good as far as the BPD goes so i stop. They make me feel tired, they make me feel sick sometimes and they sure as hell stop me from getting it up maybe I need one of these :( so go figure why I end up not taking them.

Anyway here is some info on people with BPD and medication issues

Psychotropic medication may be useful for individuals with BPD depending on presenting symptoms. However, over time, medication often proves less than helpful as personality issues confound the medication issues. Problems in medicating BPD include non-compliance, demands for frequent changes in the dose or type of medication, overdosing, and failure to accurately report change, e.g., reporting feeling worse when apparently doing better (Sperry, 1995, p. 75).

The BPD propensity for alcohol and drug abuse and addictive behavior is also a concern in using medication. Alcohol and others drugs can potentiate prescribed medication and heighten chances for an accidental overdose. Or individuals with BPD may decide to use prescribed medications in combination with alcohol and other drugs to attempt suicide (Layden, 1993, pp. 111-112).

No comments:

Cold Steel

I want to feel the cold steel slice through my flesh or maybe breaking bones is the way to go