Saturday, February 11, 2006

Digital Divide

I was asked by my psych the other day as to why my relationship (read friendship) with Bloss had survived for so long when other friendships and romantic relationships have failed, at the time I didnt really have an answer to that question. Well after some serious thought on the subject I have come up with the following.

  1. We both don't like to talk much about our problems and bottle them up inside
  2. We both like technology and use it in oour day to day lives to aid in our lack of verbal communication.
  3. If we need to go and "hide" from life for awhile we respect that and leave each other alone.
  4. If one of us needs to talk we know that regardless of the time of day we can pick up the phone, email, IM or if all that fails I could, might, maybe, wont go in to actually talk face to face...
  5. Bloss understands why I cant work full time in a "regular" job and like me sees volunteer work as important. She also see's the work I do online as functional and meaningful not just a waste of time.
  6. Maybe it is that "Mother Thing" you know how they say males are attracted to people that remind them of mum (mom for my American friends..You know who you are.) as my mum also has P (for a definition of P see STDarnI )
Most importantly I think you can sum all of the above six points in to four words "We are both Geeks." For example when I suggested to one of my ex partners that we install a computer in the kitchen so we can google for receipes she thought I was joking, I suggest it to Bloss and she wants to know when we can install it. If I take my laptop in to the bathroom to listen to music and blog while I soak in the tub she sees it as "normal" (term used loosely.)

(smoke break).....

So thats maybe some of the reasons why Bloss and I get on so well or not, I guess I will never really know the underlying reason, but I know I see Bloss as my best friend and know she will be there for me and me for her.

No comments:

Cold Steel

I want to feel the cold steel slice through my flesh or maybe breaking bones is the way to go