Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Book

I have decided to do my book as short stories and prose as that will be easier for me as I have problems getting thoughts in to order, so structuring a complete book in chronological order isn't going to happen. So short stories it is along with my life in prose, and to keep you entertained I am going to blog them as I write, so if you are a regular reader you will get to see them before I get the book together.


Introduction

Usually the first chapter in a book gives you a lead in, something to take by your teeth and shake around, to see if you want to keep reading. I'm not going to do that, I want to get straight in to the story of my life. So who am I ? I'm nobody, well not to the general public, think of that TV show Sienfeild, it was a show about nothing, just everyday events that make you laugh, that make you cry and give you the chance to sit back and say "Yep, that's, me I've done that." However my book isn't in chapters, it isn't a timeline of my life because with the Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) I have problems putting my life events in order. So instead these will be short stories that reflect my live, not in any order just how they come to me as I am writing.

Many things happened in 1972 and I was one of them, or maybe I was only half of one of them. About the time that John Young & Charles Duke where exploring the Moon on the Apollo 16 mission I was born, along with my other half, my twin brother. I was born 14.5 minutes before my brother who was a breach birth, and I always thought I got out as fast as I did because he was kicking me in the head, to tell me to hurry up and stop procastanating and get out. After that I can only assume that things where pretty good for a while, you know flowers and cards, chocolates to help my mum return to a nice slim figure after the pregnancy, that sort of thing. I was born in Ballarat a town in the state of Victoria in Australia. It is a couple of hours out of Melbourne and its bloody cold. People say that the wind starts and stops in Ballarat.

I guess my first memories in life would have to be when I was about four or five, I mean I get glimpses of my life before that but not real memorable events that make me sit back and reminisce. Most of my early memories are of us living in Papua New Guniea (PNG) a country north of Australia. It is hot there, damn hot, six months of the year hot and dry and six months of the year hot and wet. Now the latter is how I like my woman but not the weather. It was hot but I liked it and unknown to myself at the time it would give me an insight in to other cultures as some of the anecdotes later will show you.

I'm a bit of a rebel, I always have been even as a child getting in to things and making my parent's life pretty tough

No comments:

Cold Steel

I want to feel the cold steel slice through my flesh or maybe breaking bones is the way to go