Sunday, February 05, 2006

"Just a Geek" and his blog

Okay I am a bit of a "Geek" and as I told my nephew yesterday "Its cool to be a Geek these days" as he gives me that yeah right look, and it is so I am proud to be one, well the other thing that really got my attention yesterday is the blog WWdn:in exile.

It is the blog of Wil Wheaton (wikipedia) who played Wesley Crusher in Startrek, and it is really friggin good, like blew me away good. I was so wrapped up in it that I spent over seven hours reading through the archives and having a good look around and that took me through until 02:30. At that point my eyes where to tired to keep reading my laptop screen so I layed back in bed and listened to Radio Free Burrito which is Wil's podcast.

Then today when I woke up I was back at WWdn:ix and was just hooked again, it is now midnightish and I have spent the better part of the day browsing both Wils stuff and stuff he reccomends from music to books, all fucken A. (his blog actually motivated me to start this one thnx Wil)

His postings have made me have a good look around and motivated me to go and buy his book "Just a Geek" and I haven't even read an excerpt yet.

See this is the BPD I get hooked on something and read/research it until I am suffering brain overload read goo coming out of my ears, like this post has taken me over an hour so far because as I cruise around to get the links to put in I get distracted by the content and end up reading some more.

So if your a "Geek" or just didnt subscibe to alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die (Google archive) then his blog and podcast and I venture to say books (as i havent read them yet) look really good.

1 comment:

asdf said...

Do you read slashdot?

If you do, then I would imagine.that you're a geek :)

Cold Steel

I want to feel the cold steel slice through my flesh or maybe breaking bones is the way to go