Sunday, March 05, 2006

Surfing the "Block" and Me Myself and I.

I was sitting around this lovely Sunday afternoon not doing anything really constructive, really procrastinating would be a better description. I really have a lot to do not least of which is fix up DIvergence as I went through a stage for a couple of weeks where I was of my tree a lot and was just pasting press releases instead of actually typing something, which is really lame and is going to make my Google standing suck :) not that I have one YET.

So I was looking at all my RSS feeds that I have on my google homepage and was checking out WWDNix, this in turn led me down the rabbit hole so to speak and I went to this blog by a guy called Sean Bonner, which in turn led me to a blog by Tony Pierce where he talks about writers block and blogging. Here's two quote's from his blog article about writers block...

"to me writers block happens when you are afraid to say the things that you want to say. It happens when you self edit yourself before you start writing or while you are writing"

"to me writers block is the devil whispering "you suck, this sucks, you cant write, nobody cares, so and so has said this before and better, bloggings dumb, your blogs dumb, your dumb," and you listen to those whispers as opposed to the siren song of your muse."

This is pretty timely as just last night I said to Bloss I was thinking about my blog, and some of the things I wanted to write but hadn't because I was afraid to put them out there in public because it might make people that I know/knew pissed off or think less of me.

Well I was in two minds about how to proceed with the blog, do I just say that's it and exercise my rights as an adult to express my views and opinions or keep my mouth shut so to speak and just blog about topics that wont rock the boat.

Well thanks to Tony's post I have made a decision and am going to bite the proverbial bullet and post how I feel, I am NOT going to self edit anymore apart from maybe some spelling and grammar. As for the content this isn't an exercise in English it is an exercise in expressing my thoughts and feelings, typos, grammatical errors and all will be there in future If I miss them.

"Don't like it people" No problem see if I care, If I can go and spend AU$20+ on a novel by a reputable author from a large scale publishing house and it has typos in it then my throw together blog of my live is going to be just that. A mismatch of thoughts feelings and desires, it is going to be about me, by me and ultimately this blog isn't for anyone else but me.

So if this blog helps someone else that is a bonus it wasn't the aim when I started writing, the aim was to help me manage my life and for be to grow and develop, and I guess by making this decision I am growing.

"What was that, Get off my high horse.. Sorry Im here to stay this time"

Message Ends.

No comments:

Cold Steel

I want to feel the cold steel slice through my flesh or maybe breaking bones is the way to go